Did you ever have one of those days where nothing seems to go right? For example, you know you have an important client to meet early yet somehow you didn’t hear the alarm go off. Then, you go to take a quick shower and there’s no hot water. Not only that, but the outfit you planned to wear fell off the hanger and now it needs to be ironed. Any and all of these things can put you behind schedule. And now, your mood is seriously impaired. It’s one thing to be a little late and quite another to be late and grouchy. That’ll never do. So, what are you going to do to lift your spirits?
If you want to feel better, you’ve got to dance, baby, dance!
Believe me when I preach about the power of dancing. I’m a ballroom dancer and I 100% believe in partner dancing. But, we’re talking about finding a way to quickly put yourself in a better mood. And, if a partner isn’t available, you’re gonna have to take care of it yourself.
Here are 5 ways you can use dancing to put a smile on your face and a spring in your step.
- Dance to the music in your head.
- Play your favorite song and shake what yo’ mama gave ya. For bonus points, sing along. Loudly. Guaranteed to lift your spirits.
- You may be inspired to dance by watching a dance video on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or TikTok.
- Take a quick online dance class. Yeah, I know you won’t have time to make it perfect, but spend a little time playing around with it anyway.
- Do a line dance. It won’t take long and it’s just the ticket to making you feel better.
- Heck, you could even take a Zumba class!
Never mind that you’re running late. If you want to feel better, you’ve got to make it happen. That’s the magic of dance. It really can lift your spirits and get you out of the dumps.
Let’s take inspiration from a toddler who hears a song and can’t sit still. Here’s a cool YouTube clip of some dancing babies. It’s very clever. Since it has almost 500 million views, maybe you’ve seen it before, but I haven’t. Look at how dancing makes you feel great!
When you get a chance, please check out this Dance Safari post, “Elevate Your Life – Raise Up, Lift Up, or Shut Up!” Thanks.