Lately, I find myself getting kinda cranky kinda easily. I think frustration and impatience are causing it. So, I need to nip that feeling in the bud. In my mind, there are only two remedies…gratitude and love.
Got black clouds following you? Here’s why.
- A short fuse will get you into trouble. Therefore, if you’re quick to flip, be quick to apologize.
- Dwelling on the past is a waste of time. I know it sounds cliche, but forgive and forget. Believe me, it’s better for you.
- Being fearful of the future doesn’t belong in the present. For that reason, don’t expect the future to take care of you. In fact, you’ve got to take steps to manage it.
- Do you find yourself pining for relationships and things you don’t have any more? Wanna know what I think? “Again with the past? Let it go already!“
- Disappointment can mess with you on so many levels. It’s best to accept it and move on. That way you control setbacks, not the other way around.
Gratitude and love make doing the right thing easier.
To begin with, let’s look at gratitude.
Gratitude begins with appreciation. To be sure, it’s expressed with a heartfelt acknowledgement of our blessings.
The good fortune we receive may be small.
For example, being grateful for a sunny day filled with beautiful flowers and the laughter of small children is certainly something to be happy about. Sure, it’s a small thing, but noticing and enjoying it go a long way to creating a more peaceful life.
Some gifts are huge.
Here’s a biggie. Finding the love of your life! When you’re in love, you feel the power of two people meant to be one. Above all, show that love by letting them know how much they mean to you. Don’t let a day go by without telling them how much better your life is with them in it.
If you make gratitude and love a way of life, you’ll find bad moods and crankiness will disappear. Not only that, but you’ll be an example for others. Ah, those were that days…peace, love, and rock ‘n’ roll!
Enjoy this Dance Safari post, “Become the Happy-Go-Lucky Person You Were Born to Be”.