Every three months the calendar tells us it’s time to prepare for a new season. Depending on where you live, when it comes to the weather, it can be either drastically different or you might notice very little change from season to season. To illustrate that last point, for nearly half my life I lived in South Florida. To be sure, even that far south, you noticed that slight shift in temperature. In any case, there are lots of reasons to celebrate the seasons.
But, first a few facts.
It’s probably a good idea to remind you that the seasons are completely opposite based on whether you’re in the northern or southern hemisphere. The winter is still winter regardless of where you are. It just happens 6 months later or earlier.
Northern Hemisphere (NH) vs Southern Hemisphere (SH)
September, October, and November – NH is Fall; SH is Spring
December, January, and February – NH is Winter; SH is Summer
March, April, and May – NH is Spring; SH is Fall
June, July, and August – NH is Summer; SH is Winter
Reasons to Celebrate the Seasons
Enjoy the Weather this Fall
- The Fall harvest includes a bounty of fruits and vegetables such as apples, pears, root vegetables, and potatoes.
- Cool, crisp air gives you an excuse to wear that cute jacket or sweater you’ve been eyeballing.
- Autumn leaves changing colors are breathtakingly beautiful. Schedule a foliage tour and really throw yourself into the season.
- Isn’t it true that there’s something about the Fall that puts a spring in your step? Then, bust out those walking shoes and inhale the cool, clean air.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Celebrating the Seasons includes the Holidays of Winter
- Get cozy at home snuggling and watching the flames of a fireplace dance.
- Bundle up to stay warm. With this in mind, why not invest in a great, fluffy robe and slippers?
- The colder weather makes you feel like a kid again. So, go ahead, play outside. Run around and get all rosy-cheeked. To tell the truth, it looks good on you!
- If you want to stay warm, now’s the time to take the party inside. Besides, there’s nothing like some warm hors d’oeuvres and hot mulled wine to take the chill off. Here’s a Dance Safari post about wine, “Boxed Wine – Pick Up Some Good Everyday Quaffing Wine“.
- Dance, dance, dance. What better way is there to keep each other warm than some slow dancing? For instance, “Let it Snow” is perfect.
- Springtime means preparations for a successful Spring and Summer harvest are getting underway. As a result, you can expect to see plenty of avocados, bananas, peaches, eggplant, and, of course, summer squash.
- Eat seasonally by visiting your area’s farm stands and farmer’s markets for the best local produce. In addition to being a healthy way to eat, it’s a great way to support your neighbors who may be enduring a difficult period.
- Dress lighter this time of year by shedding some of your heavy clothes. However, it’s a good idea to keep a light jacket or sweater available. You never know when you’re gonna need it.
- Enjoy the weather with a walk in the sunshine. It’s guaranteed to brighten your spirits. To this end, relish the beauty and the scent of Spring flowers.
- Finally, find a way to get in touch with the good earth. Whether its an herb garden or small patch of flowers, gardening is an easy way to better health and well-being.
- What a glorious time to harvest a bounty of Summer fruits and vegetables. To get in the spirit, follow this link for a tutorial on how to grow tomatoes from fresh tomato seeds.
- Celebrate the Summer season with a vacation. As a result of the pandemic, many people are choosing to travel via car or train. Nevertheless, it’s time for an adventure. Above all, remember to bring your mask.
- Another way to say Summertime is play-in-the-water-time. Whether its a beach, a lake, a pond, or a pool, you’re gonna want to free yourself from your shorts. So, what are you waiting for? Put on your bathing suit and jump in.
- Who doesn’t love a barbecue? Get ready for some delicious ribs and steaks, or burgers and hot dogs, grab a cold one, and get reacquainted with your friends and neighbors.
- What do you like to do in the summer? Is it boating, fishing, golfing, tennis? Whatever your playtime passion is, if you’re doing it outdoors, stay healthy. Accordingly, wear a hat, sunscreen, and bug spray. Just sayin’!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.