What is a toddler? A toddler is a child between the ages of 12 and 36 months. You know, when they’re just getting started walking and they kinda toddle from side to side. My grandson. Logan is 30 months now. I found a few ways to amuse him and would like to share them with you.
When it comes to toddler playtime, are boys different from girls?
Certainly, in some respects. But, in others, they’re the same. Take, for instance, dress-up games. Sometimes she’s a Princess while he’s a Pirate (or, vice versa) and other times he’s Spiderman and she’s a Policeman.
Dress-up Time for Toddlers
When my kids were young, my Mom made sure they had plenty of opportunities to play dress-up. With this in mind, she’d go to garage sales and consignment stores looking for clothes that my girls could have some fun with.
Eventually, she found an old trunk and filled it up with goodies that would tickle any preschooler.
- Crowns fit for a queen.
- A clown costume including a red nose.
- High heels that we had to keep on with rubber bands.
- Bell-bottoms and beads made a good hippy outfit.
- Gymnastic leotards for the Olympic Games.
- A ballerina tutu and slippers for an impromptu performance.
- Fancy nightgowns to turn into evening gowns.
- Even a fur neck-warmer like this to wear with the evening gowns.
I have to smile as I think back to what a big hit the trunk was for my toddlers. I think I’ll put one together for Logan. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
In my experience, kids love anything that has to do with animals.
Therefore, an activity involving pets, critters, and creatures is sure to entertain them.
One thing that lots of tiny toddlers get a kick out of is a sound book. Therefore, how about a book about animals in the jungle or on the farm? You’ll find that time flies when kids are having fun imitating the animal sounds. In fact, you will, too.
It’s tubby time!
Nothing beats a good old-fashioned bath. To begin with, the running water, with its soothing sound, makes a fabulous backdrop to the Baby Einstein Outer Space Playlist. In addition, nothing beats splashing around in a warm tub. Above all, don’t forget the bubbles!
Here’s a great way to add fun and education to your toddler’s bathtime.
Floating foam letters and puzzles are fun learning toys for preschoolers! The large foam alphabet letters float in the tub water and easily stick to any smooth surface when wet. Put them into the water, then stick them to the wall and complete the puzzles as you match up the letters and animals. Satisfaction guaranteed or receive a refund within 90 days from the purchase date if you experience any problem with the product.
Unleash your child’s hidden chef. That’s right, get it together in the kitchen.
You know you could use a hand in the kitchen, so why not let ‘the kid’ help you out. You could start out small and later add some more challenging chores. Get your camera ready; this is gonna be cute.
- Dish out the dog’s food. Practice scooping the dry food and mixing it up with the wet food. Anyway, that’s what I do.
- As long as they’re scooping stuff, let them get their own cereal into the bowl. Then, set out a cup of milk and watch the fun begin.
- Make a peanut butter sandwich. Pull up the chair, find a plastic knife, get some out of the jar, and spread it around. Enjoy the world’s biggest grin when it’s done.
- Peeling bananas and tangerines is a great job for a little kid. As is washing grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. It’s a good way to get them into the foods that are so good for them.
Toddlers and pre-schoolers get such a tremendous feeling of accomplishment when we help them learn their way around the home.
We’re gonna need a ball because there’s gotta be some running around.
This 4-piece set includes a Soccer Ball, Volleyball, Basketball, and Football. Each ball is made with a bouncy, soft rubber making them easy to grip as the kids practice throwing and catching.
Whether it’s inside or out, these balls will help to bring out your toddler’s inner athlete. Playing with them will develop their coordination as they get an aerobic workout. Naptime will be a breeze after a good workout with the balls.
So, there you have it. You don’t have to spend a fortune to have a blast with the toddler in your life. For more on my adventures with Logan, please read, “A Trip to the Library with My Grandson, Logan“. What are some of your secrets for fun with the little ones?
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.