It takes tons of repetition to develop good ballroom dance skills and that’s a two-edged sword. Of course, in order to commit them to memory, you’ve got to practice. However, the pounding that the feet and ankles take can cause discomfort and injury. And, that can stop you right in your tracks and leave you with aching feet.
As for me, I can remember as a new ballroom dancer that my feet that hurt a lot. As a matter of fact, swinging my legs over the side of the bed to get up made me anxious. In short, I could have used some of these remedies to help relieve the pain. On the other hand, the good news is, with time I didn’t notice it as much. This is explained in the Dance Safari post, “The Power of Ballroom Dancing-It Only Hurts When You Stop“.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please be aware that this is at no additional cost to you. So, feel free to shop – enjoy yourself!
Abusing your feet? Here are 6 Amazon finds to help your sore and aching feet.
1.Shiatsu Foot and Leg Massager Machine with Heat by Tespo
When your feet and legs feel like you just ran a marathon, you need some relief fast. To the rescue, this Shiatsu Foot and Leg Massager Machine with Heat. Simply put your feet into the removable, washable cover and wrap the cuffs around your calves. Choose your kneading, heat, and air pressure levels, then sit back and unwind.
- Massages your feet and legs as it relaxes your whole body.
- This machine delivers a deep-kneading Shiatsu-style foot and leg massage that relieves pain as it promotes better sleep.
- For your comfort, the design offers adjustable kneading, heat, and air pressure levels.
2. All-in-One Foot Spa Massager by Kendal for relief of aching feet.
Don’t make the mistake that I made by putting bubble bath in the water. Although I have to admit, it was kinda cool when it overflowed with bubbles. If you’d like the help of a healing agent and pain reliever, Epsom Salt is fine to use with this foot spa.
- The All-in-One Foot Spa Massager design consists of heat, lightly massaging bubbles, and a digital display.
- Includes adjustable timer and water temperature.
- To help your sore feet, there are two active rollers at the bottom to gently massage your feet.
- One size fits all.
3. Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak with Epsom Salt by Purely Northwest
For hundreds of years, Epsom salt has been used to reduce swelling, stiffness, and pain. Another age-old natural remedy is Tea Tree Oil. It’s especially effective if there is a fungal infection such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus.
Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak with Epsom Salt is an excellent evening soak after a long day on your feet or a long night of dancing. Spend some time soaking before bed to help with aching feet. In addition to being sore from overuse, dancers often need relief from dry, cracked feet and calluses. For this reason, it’s a great idea to use this soak for pedicures.
- Epsom Salt, Sea Salt, MSM, Australian Tea Tree Oil, and six more natural essential oils provide antifungal & antibacterial properties.
- Helps relax sore, tired feet, and maintains soft, healthy skin and nails.
- PURELY NORTHWEST’S GUARANTEE, “Our Tea Tree Soak is Formulated with Extra Strength Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils and Contains NO Synthetic Fragrances or Dyes – Made in the USA – Not Tested on Animals – 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE“.
4. Extra Large Foot Soak Tub by Milliard
If you’re looking for a simple way to ease your sore feet, this Extra Large Foot Soak Tub is low-tech and affordable. Not to mention, it’s big enough to fit all sizes up to men’s size 12. Just add some bubble bath, tea tree oil or Epsom salt, sit back, and enjoy!
- It’s easy to massage your tired and sore feet on the raised bumps at the base of the tub. Do this while you soak to double the pleasure.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE, “At Milliard, we believe that every one of our valued customers should receive a perfect product. If there are any issues with your order, please contact us and we will resolve the issue immediately“.
5. Foot Roller by TheraBand
This Foot Roller by Theraband provides a simple solution for dancers and other active individuals. The roller decreases pain and keeps the foot conditioned both before and after use. This video will explain how and why to use it.
- Massage, lengthen and stretch the muscles and fascia in the foot, toes, and arches to prevent and deliver relief from sore, tired feet, heel pain, and plantar fasciitis.
- It’s easy to freeze the Foot Roller to use before and after exercise to prevent and treat foot pain.
- Combine TheraBand Foot Roller with a cooling topical pain reliever to provide pain relief without the use of over-the-counter or prescription pain killers.
6. Elevating Leg Rest Pillow by Restorology for sore feet and legs.
This wedge pillow is used for reducing pain in the back, legs, and feet as it improves circulation. The Restorology Elevating Leg Rest Pillow is designed at the perfect height to relieve discomfort. Now that I think about it, forget about sore, aching feet…most everybody you know suffers from back pain of varying degrees. Therefore, just think about how lying comfortably with the elevated wedge will make your back feel better.
- At 16.5″ x 23.6″ x 8″, it allows plenty of room for both legs to rest in comfort. What’s more, it’s the perfect height for better circulation and reduced swelling.
- The dense memory foam is designed to keep its shape.
- The removable microfiber cover is machine washable for easy care.
So, there you have it, six ways to revive your sore and aching feet after a wonderful evening of dancing the night away.