I guess you could say we’re living in stressful times. I’m not making a list, but you know there’s stuff going on that’ll make you want to lay down and take a nap. This is why we need something to lift us up. I’m thinking about an activity that involves movement, music, and other people. Believe me when I say ballroom dancing will definitely boost your quality of life. According to the Google Dictionary, quality of life is, “the standard of health, comfort, and happiness experienced by an individual or group.”
Here’s how we’re using ballroom dancing to boost your quality of life.
Improve Your Health
- Use ballroom dance to increase your activity level to become stronger and more fit.
- Ballroom dancing requires you to move. You’ll be using muscles you didn’t even know you had. As a result, all this movement will burn calories for energy and you’ll painlessly ease into the shape you were meant to have.
- Expect to develop better poise, posture, and, most noteworthy, balance. Balance is what keeps you young and active. Certainly, nobody wants to live with the fear of falling. Learn about the dangers of poor balance here.
Be More Comfortable in Social Situations
- I don’t know about you, but sometimes I’m shy in unfamiliar settings. Joining the ballroom dance community has made me more confident socially. That’s because I know that I’m with other people who share my love of dancing.
- When you’re a student of ballroom dance, one of the first things you’ll learn is how to be relaxed on the dance floor. Even if you’re with a partner you’ve never danced with before, you must trust that he or she has your well-being in mind.
- Use your dancing as often as possible. Find a reason to do it whenever you can. Don’t waste another day sitting at home watching television when you could be finding the ultimate dancer that lives inside of you.
Being happy is a sure-fire way to boost your quality of life.
- Stress is pretty much the opposite of happiness. Ballroom dancing releases the hormone cortisol which plays a key part in fighting stress. Therefore, dancing = less stress = more happiness. Easy.
- Watch little babies when they hear a song with a good beat. They can’t help themselves. Without a doubt, their little feet are tapping and they’re flailing around to the music. Obviously, they get it. Becoming one with the music sounds corny, but it’s the thing that will bring happiness all the way to your fingertips, or should I say the tips of your toes?
- If you have the good fortune to know how to dance, then you have the power to lead a happy life. The pleasure and happiness that comes from dancing with your partner can only be defined by one word – joy!
I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t like to be good at ballroom dancing. What holds you back from learning the skill guaranteed to help you live a more exciting life? For real, give up the old routine of:
- Get up, eat breakfast, go to work,
- Come home, eat dinner, watch tv,
- Go to bed!
Wondering how long it’s gonna take to become a ballroom dancer. Check out this Dance Safari post, “How Long Until I’m a Confident Dancer?” You’re welcome!