Here’s a short review of 3 ballroom dance blogs that I like. Join me as every day I learn more and more about the information available to curious people.
The 3 ballroom dance blogs that I like are:
- Delta Dance, an independent club based in Canada.
- The Girl with the Tree Tattoo is a ballroom dance student and pro-am competitor.
- Fred Astaire Dance Studio, a franchise studio on NYC’s West Side.
Each blog offers lots of information from different perspectives. For that reason, I recommend that you visit and support them because they work hard to entertain and educate.
The first ballroom dance blog is delta.dance/blog.
Delta Dance is located in Delta, B.C., Canada. The club offers group sessions, private lessons, and dance videos in the International Style at beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
News & Views Fresh from the Dance Floor is the name of the blog.
The Delta Dance blog offers a combination of dance and partnership technique. It also delivers an insightful understanding of human nature.
- Some posts provide tips on how to improve your dancing. For instance, “Perfecting the Waltz Natural Turn” and “The Secret Ingredient of Paso Doble” are two that will make a difference.
- An article about “The Power of Partnership” can help with your relationship with your partner – both on and off the dance floor.
- In “Dance: An Essential Man Skill”, a campaign is proposed to make dancing a part of the ‘required’ man skills. The author suggests that it’s, “…something every man needs to know just as he should know how to drive a 5-speed, how to fish or how to change a tire.”
Educational and fun to read, it’s clear the authors are passionate about dancing and work hard to share their knowledge. In addition, this blog has been awarded a medal as one of the top 60 ballroom dance blogs.
Next comes thegirlwiththetreetattoo.com/blog/.
Another recipient of the top 60 ballroom dance blogs, this blog by Catherine “Katie” Flashner shares “the stories of my ballroom journey” that include:
- How learning to dance changed her life.
- The excitement of preparing for shows and competitions.
- A Valentine’s Day love letter to ballroom dancing.
The articles are moving and inspirational from a woman who has made many sacrifices to learn and express her passion for ballroom dance.
Solo Practice Guide for Ballroom Dancing
Importantly, Katie has developed a guide for practicing on your own to maximize the value of your lessons. She says, “Whether you’ve been wanting to practice on your own but weren’t sure how or where to start, or you’ve been practicing but feel like it’s not making much of a difference, this Guide can help you”. Visit her website for info about purchasing this very useful guidebook.
Thank you, Katie, for taking the time to keep us up-to-date with your progress. As you know, your stories inspire dancers across the country. Above all, wishing you continued success.
Finally, the last of the 3 ballroom dance blogs I’m reviewing is from Fred Astaire Dance Studios – New York West Side, New York.
Very slick and professional, this blog is useful for all levels, from the new ballroom dancer to the seasoned competitor.
FADS Dance Blog – Step In. Kick Back. Read Up. Dance On!
- You’ll find practical articles, such as “Where to Take Your Dance Routine for Vacation“, which lists tourist destinations that are tied to social dancing. For example, you could go to Argentina to enjoy dancing the Tango.
- Using proper etiquette is important any time you’re out socializing. To this end, there’s helpful information in the post, “Do’s and Don’ts of Social Dancing“.
- Of course, no ballroom dance blog would be complete without a nod to the benefits of dancing. Featured stories are “9 Benefits You Can Experience Once You Start Dancing” and “5 Reasons Couples Should Take Ballroom Dance Lessons“.
- There is also a section of lifestyle-related subjects, such as, ‘Lifestyle & Self Improvement’, ‘Staying Young’, and ‘Nutrition and Health’.
- Lastly, learn about the ‘History of Ballroom Dances’ and ‘Dance Competitions’.
As a proud alumnus of the FADS New York system, I have to say thank you. To be sure, this is a well thought out blog that’s an enriching and detailed asset to your website.
When you need information about ballroom dancing, there are many blogs to visit. Dance Safari is happy to offer up a few tips and tricks, as well. Read, “Ballroom Dancing Pitfalls and Traps” to learn what to avoid while you’re on your dance journey.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.