I guess you could say we’re living in stressful times. I’m not about to list things, but you know there’s stuff going on that’ll make you want to lay down. We need something to lift us up. Something that involves moving, people, and music. I know for a fact that using ballroom dancing to boost your quality of life is the way to go.
The Google Dictionary definition of quality of life is “the standard of health, comfort, and happiness experienced by an individual or group.”
Here’s how we’re using ballroom dancing to boost your quality of life.
- Ballroom dancing requires you to move. You’ll be moving muscles you didn’t even know you had. All this movement will burn calories for energy and you’ll painlessly ease into the shape you were meant to have.
- Expect to develop better poise, posture, and, most noteworthy, balance. Balance is what keeps you young and active. Nobody wants to live with the fear of falling.
- Use ballroom dance to improve your activity level while becoming stronger and more fit.
- I don’t know about you, but sometimes I’m shy in unfamiliar settings. Joining the ballroom dance community has made me more confident socially. That’s because I know that I’m with other people who share my interest in dancing.
- When you’re a student of ballroom dance, one of the first things you’ll learn is how to be relaxed on the dance floor. Even if you’re with a partner you’ve never danced with before, you must trust that he or she has your well-being in mind.
- Use your dancing as often as possible. Find a reason to do it whenever you can. Don’t waste another day sitting at home watching television when you could be finding the ultimate dancer that lives inside of you.
- Stress is pretty much the opposite of happiness. Dancing releases the hormone cortisol which plays a key part in fighting stress. Therefore, dancing = less stress = more happiness. Easy.
- Watch little babies when they hear a song with a good beat. They can’t help themselves. Right away their little feet are tapping and they’re flailing around to the music. They get it. Becoming one with the music sounds corny, but it’s the thing that will bring happiness all the way to your fingertips, or should I say the tips of your toes?
- If you have the good fortune of knowing how to dance, then you have, in your hands, the power to lead a happy life. The pleasure and contentment that comes from moving in unison with another human being can only be defined by one word – joy!
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t want to be a good dancer. What holds you back from taking the one action that will help you live a better life. Seriously, don’t do one more day of: get up, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, eat dinner, watch tv, go to bed. There’s so much more waiting for you. Using ballroom dancing to boost your quality of life is a big move. Please make the first step!
If you enjoyed this post, please LIKE, SHARE, TWEET, and FOLLOW so others can enjoy it, too. Thanks!